bt broadband basic & email disconect

in1 08:57 10 Oct 04

using outlook express,when my emails have loaded,i get disconected every time b/4 i can read them,i know i just have to reconnect,but its annoying any ideas please thanks mike

Diodorus Siculus 09:21 10 Oct 04

There is an option somewhere in OE to tell the connection to hang up after collection - somewhere under the properties of the account.

Sorry I can't be more specific; I don't have OE on my machine.

Diodorus Siculus 09:26 10 Oct 04

click here for a more specific answer.

in1 15:17 10 Oct 04

thanky you for your reply unfortunately i have allready done that and it dose not solve my problem any other suggestions welcome regards

Diodorus Siculus 15:33 10 Oct 04

You should be able to read them whether or not you are connected... what seems to be the problem.

in1 20:59 10 Oct 04

let me start again.
1 i am online
2 i click on outlook express
3 my emails load
4 then i get disconnected (i am off line)
5 then i reconnect ( i am on line)
my question is why do i get disconnected after my emails have loaded .
as i said b/4 i have checked the "settings" in outlook express and they are set correctly.
up to now not even "b/t" can answer my question, i would like to here from any other members who are using "b/t broadband basic" many thanks mike

end 00:54 11 Oct 04

?what do you mean by "btbroadband basic"?

am no expert, but from reading the post am wondering if the OE settings are at fault.

having said that, I leave my mail on the server and read it there, so do not use OE as such, but have had to program my OE to leave stuff on the server:)

Diodorus Siculus 06:51 11 Oct 04

Do you have two mail accounts and it is told to connect to a different server for the second lot of mail?

Diodorus Siculus 06:51 11 Oct 04

Do you have two mail accounts and it is told to connect to a different server for the second lot of mail?

in1 07:33 11 Oct 04

"bt broabband basic" is the £17.99 per month b/b
from bt 1gb per month.
yes i know i can read my emails connected or unconnected.
my question is "why" do i get disconnected at all.
as far as i can se my "outlook express settings"
are ok thanks mike.

end 11:12 11 Oct 04

do you mean you BB connection to the internet itself is shutting off or just the connection from OE to collect your e mails?

do you lose the two green computer icons on your desk-top when the shut-off happens or what?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…