BT Broadband and AOL on same laptop?

Grambo 13:39 07 Sep 08

I have BT Broadband wireless at home. Can i configure laptop to pick up AOL wireless flexi broadband at a my friends home (aswell as keeping BT software). I have to move out for a month and am prepared to set up the AOL at friends home short term.

Taff™ 13:45 07 Sep 08

You can use your friends wireless connection without loading the AOL software at all (and I suggest you don`t!) He simply logs in on his computer which will activate the internet connection and you connect to the wireless router using IE. Then you can go to the BT Broadband Website to log in to webmail and deal with your e-mails. IE will work for web browsing as normal.

Grambo 14:16 07 Sep 08

As usual its not as straight forward as that. My friend is without a pc, so i am setting up AOL purely for my own use for a month. The reason for that is, I have searched for BT hotspot there and there isnt a signal. It worries me that you advise not to install AOL if BT is on machine

Taff™ 07:18 08 Sep 08

The AOL aversion is purely personal although a view shared with many others - bloated software and a User Interface that imposes itself on you. Why choose AOL? Is this a temporary one month contract or something? Couldn`t you manage with Dial Up for a month?

This sounds like a very expensive option to me. AOL`s terms and conditions are very strict so approach with caution. I cannot see any way you can use them on a temporary one month basis as you are suggesting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…