BT Broadband

woodchip 17:11 21 Feb 07

Comments Please on the £14.99 Package for the first six months. Also do's BT throttle the connection at all?

i think thats the one i tried to get, i called up, a month later i got a bill for £138, so i called up and they told me not to worry as it would be paid by my monthly payment plan which was £75.50 after 9 months im still paying it (mug)
i have now sent 6 recorded delivery complaint letters asked for a recording of my phone order havnt heard a thing. kept losing comms for the first 4 months and was capped at 2 mb, a month ago they upped it now 4890 down 345 up.
i know i should have handled this better and taken further actions, but thats me, i cant recomend bt at all im afraid, oh and god help you if you ever need customer support!

Technotiger 17:47 21 Feb 07

Hi, well, I have had just the opposite experience to adman 2's. I have been on bt broadband for several years now, I have not had any problems apart from in the very early days of setting it up - but even then I got very good help from their broadband helpline.

I am now helping a friend change from bt dial up to bt broadband (I have just set up his new Aldi Vista pc, he was previously only on Win98.) Have needed a bit of help again from their broadband help-line, and again received very good service. Expecting the new bt bb to be activated by Monday of next week.

Not exactly connected, but out of interest - I went to PCW today to get three adsl micro-filters, they only wanted £53 plus for them; told them what to do with their micro-filters. I know a different shop where I can get three for less than a tenner (it was not open today).

Ikelos 17:47 21 Feb 07

dont know about the £14-99 thingy but in allthe time i have had BT, and that was BB first started, only had to ring them twice, with a fault that was down to operator error, so I would recommend them............

Technotiger 17:48 21 Feb 07

PS - my friend has opted for their Option 1 package, which is the £14.99 as woodchip.

Dipso 18:03 21 Feb 07

Sorry to Woodchip but useful advice I feel. Although £53 is way excessive for filters, it pays not to get them too cheap especially when using them with 8 Meg, believe me.

You can get one of the best filters available click here for £7.99 each from click here Service is very quick too, usually next day or so.

Technotiger 18:07 21 Feb 07

That is very similar to type I shall be getting.

2neat 18:15 21 Feb 07

I was with BT BB for a few years. I could only get 2 mB due to distance. I had very good service from them. I asked them if they would like to match Tiscali £14.99 for the same product. They declined, I moved!

woodchip 20:24 21 Feb 07

"meg is fast enough for me, I am on Virgin media from ntl/Freedom on a 1Meg at the moment.

adman 2
Can you explain the bill for £138, Was it for twelve months rental in advance?

And why are you still paying if you payed up front?

well they put me on option3, asked for 1, but cant prove it, so i think it was for the equipment and set up, every month i get a bill for about £50/ £60 but they just take £75.50 each month so i guess it levels out after the 12 months is over, when they wont see me for dust!

Aziraphael 21:34 21 Feb 07

I'm on BT broadband and have had no problems that didn't turn out to be my stupidity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac