bt broadband

pat2068 22:42 15 Dec 06

can anyone help me for over a month my bt connection drops and i cant get on the net i have used usb and ethernet still the same and bt are useless thanks leo

Technotiger 22:48 15 Dec 06

Hi, you say ethernet? are you using a ethernet router/modem?

If you are, then you could reset the router by disconnecting the router's power, wait ten seconds, then re-connect router's power.

pat2068 22:50 15 Dec 06

it is a router i have used 2 different routers and the same problems with both the problem started when bt had outage and has never worked right since
thanks leo

Technotiger 22:50 15 Dec 06

other than that - check all your line connections, from your main BT box to your pc - via adsl filters if applicable, one splitter for each phone in use, if more than one phone.

Technotiger 22:51 15 Dec 06

Have you tried my first suggestion?

pat2068 22:52 15 Dec 06

i only have 1 phone and the asdl changed the filters i dont know what to do now thanks leo

pat2068 22:53 15 Dec 06

yes i have tried everything i can think of thanks leo

Technotiger 22:56 15 Dec 06

Only other thing I can think of is for you to ask your local exchange to check your line, the outage you mention might have affected a local physical connection, possibly in one of those big green 'boxes' you see dotted about the place.

pat2068 22:57 15 Dec 06

bt tried to tell me that my internet explorer was corupt so was firefox opra i tried it on my sons ntl connection worked no bother have taken it to a computer shop they say nothing wrong with the pc i just dont know what to do now
thanks leo

pat2068 22:59 15 Dec 06

i have asked bt to check my line but i am told it can only be done from india and if i have to go to them again i will lose it as they are useless thanks leo

geewis357 23:01 15 Dec 06

Hi, leo the lionĀ© I too use bt and I have the same prob one minute you are conected then you look again and you have been re conected, this is a real pain when you are downloading a big file. If you phone up a nd complain you are given a number to dial someware in packistan who cannot speek english. when my 12 month contract is up I shall be voting with my feet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac