BT Broad Band Basic & E mail

highside 20:42 13 Feb 05

Help please,
Just installed BT Basic Broad Band for a friend, installed OK but since reading the blurb find that this connection version does not include an e mail facility. Could you suggest the best way forward, previously his PC had AOL with its associated e mail(not broadband) but this has been uninstalled. Would it be easiest to install Outlook Express 6 & if so how? (WIN XP)BT Basic required an address in email format as part of the installation would it require a different one for Outlook Express
Thanks.

Tycho 20:46 13 Feb 05

Why not set him up with a web mail account? Gmail is excellent and I can set him up with one if he would like. It can be used with Outlook if he prefers to work off line.

Click the little yellow envelope if you are interested.

T

Tycho 20:49 13 Feb 05

Didn't answer all of the queries. OE, I imagine, appears with XP doesn't it? I use W2K. Gmail does a very nifty autoinstall for OE.

N

tomsdad 20:56 13 Feb 05

I think you will find that BT doesn’t give you any email address with BT Basic. The email address you gave in setting up is only your logon name, the best thing to do set up a web mail account, Tomsdad.

Completealias 21:01 13 Feb 05

OE6 is installed as part of xp yes, yahoo mail can also be setup with OE no probs. You can setup a number of account with OE6 and set your main 1 as default.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…