BT BB speed

mammak 21:42 03 May 06

How do I find out the speed of my new BT BB connection?
I was meant to go from 2mb-approx 6.5mb but cant tell what
my actual speed is my main pc (Ethernet) is still reading 100mbps and the laptop and
Other wireless pc are both still reading 54mbps although they all seem to be running fine but lol cant tell if my connection is any faster I understand it may take a few hours to establish a good connection but my line has been active since yesterday and still no notable difference any help would be appreciated.
PS. Do not understand “upload and download malarkey so layman terms explanation would be good regards mammak.

VoG II 21:48 03 May 06

You will be mainly interested in the download speed Ms K - that's basically the speed that you can download and surf at. Some speed testers:

click here

click here

click here

click here

click here

Dipso 21:56 03 May 06

You should be able to find out the speed your router has synced at from the routers web interface. This could be an early indication of the speeds you could possibly achieve, but it's early days yet.

It should show under Downstream line speed or similar.

Dipso 22:04 03 May 06

It's also possible that your speed could be restricted to 2Mb, as in my case for the first 3 days or so, that could be why you don't notice any change.

JoeC 22:09 03 May 06

I was exactly the same as yourself. I went from 2 to "around 6.5Mb" download speed --- or was supposed to.
From the day of activation, you have to wait ten days and THEN they start upping your speed.
I was activated on 20th April, but only started getting the faster speeds yesterday. Since then I have fluctuated between 1.2 Mb and 6.52 Mb.
I am giving it a couple of days of this to see if / when it will settle.

Stuartli 22:54 03 May 06

My understanding is that the first 10 days are used to analyse the potential fastest speeds that your line will support.

mammak 16:12 04 May 06

Thank you all for the input ,
Vogtm this is the results for the speed tests.

1. couldnt understand that one.
2. 1mb file 5.1 sec, communications 1.7 megabits per sec, storage 202.7 kilobytes per second.
3.10mb file 1872 kbps.
4. file size 150.005kb time elapsed 3.765.

I guess my new speed is not established yet most likely give it a few days before expecting a noticeable difference.

mammak 21:25 04 May 06

Speeds are still eratic here readings are lower tonight 21:00 hrs than teatime tonight 17:00 hrs I am so fed up waiting.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:35 04 May 06

Online speed testers are not reliable as they are greatly influenced by the number of people using the site and running the tests at any one time.

mammak 21:50 04 May 06

that is intresting because I feel like my conection is realy fast but I am not cluded up on all this bandwith stuff just saying to my partner 3yrs ago when moving to this house I was on a 29kbps dailup now I think 2mb is slow greedy or what!

Stuartli 23:53 04 May 06

Very....:-)

I started with 14.4kbps in 1996 at home and for some time previously, transmitting copy to work using a laptop, 9.6kbps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…