BT BB or Telewest BB?

swapper 13:09 24 Jul 06

It has been suggested to me that I should move from BT Broadband to Telewest Broadband/Telephone etc.
Any comments please? I could save quite a bit of cash if I did, but I wonder about the service.

Tia

VoG II 13:10 24 Jul 06

Telewest service is excellent. I've had TV and phone since the mid 90s and cable broadband since 2001.

ArrGee 14:52 24 Jul 06

Worth looking out for the BT Sky BB battle. Rumours suggest BT may end up going 'free' as well. I've had BT for a number of years now and it's been just fine.

swapper 15:08 24 Jul 06

VoG™, thank you.

ArrGee, I have had BT for some years myself now, and I have had a very good service also. but the Telewest package seems very good.

De Marcus™ 15:30 24 Jul 06

Telewest service is superb imo. As is the broadband speed, TV and phone. click here and find out for yourself regarding them as an isp.

ianeon 15:41 24 Jul 06

Here on Tyneside, Telewest is miles better than BT, you can also get some good package deals from them

Furkin 23:11 24 Jul 06

I find B.T fine,,, when it's working,,,,, but customer service leaves a hell of a lot to be desired, actually none existant at times.
Was considering V21,,,, till now,,,, I can't even access their site !

cheers all

pac73 23:18 24 Jul 06

Ive had telewest for 8 months now,both phone and bb.And i have to say i cant fault them on anything.

User-312386 23:35 24 Jul 06

I have had there 10mb service for ages and am so impressed

There tech support is second to none and its an 0845 number

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:44 24 Jul 06

you quote "There tech support is second to none and its an 0845 number"
How do you know that, if the service is so good?

I don't know what BT's tech support is like, because in all the years I've been with them I've never had to use it!

That's how I judge a service.

josie mayhem 23:47 24 Jul 06

I find BT very good, when I had to phone support even though the department that I really needed wasn't answering the phone, the person who I speak to (dave) asked what the problem actualy was, and from his own eperience could sort me out any way.....

Sadly I don't have the advange of telewest or any other comapany that provide cable television as well in my area so I can't comment on that part.

But it does sicken me, I get all the adverts on the telly about combaining telly/BB/phone service at a good rate..... :-((((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…