BT BB keeps disconnecting

roygbiv 12:34 13 Jun 05

Help BT support dosent help !!

Had BB since 26 May working fine until last Thursday. Now it dissconects every few minutes, have to try and reconnect 3-4 times, with varios errors (734). Have re-installed software (to same result,) made sure there is NO programs running or OE dosent hang up after send/rec.

stlucia 12:44 13 Jun 05

I posted today relating to similar problems which started sometime last week for me. click here
Maybe there's something in Djohn's reply that will help you.

WallyD 12:54 13 Jun 05

Cheers stluciaI . Maybe its sods law as i,ve been working now for an hour but I,m certain thats if I keep changing sites then I,ll bomb
many thanks

roygbiv 13:08 13 Jun 05

Thanks (as well)

Done all it advises bbut still disconecting.

roygbiv 09:27 14 Jun 05

It seems as if the modem Gets too warm, and then cuts out (this problem has been mentioned on the web!)

While data is continuos (in/out) the conection seems to stay on ?? as soon as data stops, the conection drops!!

roygbiv 09:43 14 Jun 05

ah well, got disconnected after 12 minutes with radio playing (to keep data flowing).
The modem was very warm to thec touch, after a few minutes use will have to notify BT or buy my own.
During posting this modem discoinnected twice!!

wee eddie 09:52 14 Jun 05

Have you disconnected /removed your old Modem.

My Voyager 205 has been steady as a rock. However, initially had several problem disconnections the BB Help program eventually did whatever was necessary.

Touch wood, I have not had an involuntary disconnection since that first couple of weeks was over.

roygbiv 10:00 14 Jun 05

BT Voyager 105,
I have moved the USB plug to a USB socket (into a socket on a Belkin USB2 / firewire PCI card) to see if that makes a difference (I have been told "that USB/power issue's have been known" anyway, didnt work as the connection droped out within 45 secs.

wee eddie 10:06 14 Jun 05

or do you use the normal Start-up Icon

roygbiv 10:10 14 Jun 05

usually use start-conect to -BT Broadband.

just used this procedure and disconected after 4 mins

wee eddie 10:16 14 Jun 05

If you have accidentally deleted it, it should be available either on the disk or the Home Page somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…