BT BB error 678

Magik ®© 22:40 12 Oct 05

hi again, a sort of carry on from this.

click here

she is on BT broadband basic, and she gets the error 678, what i can find out is, it is dialing the wrong number, i did not think BB dialed a number, but if it does anyone know what that number might be........thanks

VoG II 22:44 12 Oct 05

click here

Reading this and the previous thread suggests to me that the modem is installed incorrectly.

Magik ®© 22:58 12 Oct 05

hi, she has taken out more than enough times, and she has used go-back to put the lot back before she started, just going to have a study of the link.............thanks

Daveboy 23:10 12 Oct 05

Create a new connection manually, Use dial up modem option, Number is 0,38 (zero comma thirty eight) choose voyager as modem. Fill in uaername/password and try it.
The 105 has a hidden diagnostic , dbl click green arrows in t/bar choose "status" then when next screen pops up press CTRL & F1 briefly- lots of useful info here on the condition of your b/band service from exchange to you.

Magik ®© 23:22 12 Oct 05

thanks for that, jus printed it out to take with me in the morning.........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…