BT anytime/openworld

birkdalite 18:46 07 Jan 03
  birkdalite 18:46 07 Jan 03

I have been using BT quite happily for some time now, with almost unfailing first time connection.For the last few days however it has taken 2/3/4 times before connection, is it just me or is this happening generally?

misery 19:00 07 Jan 03

you're not on your own, wonder if they're trying to get us onto broadband?

Demora 19:03 07 Jan 03

I got so fed up with this frequentyly happening I went to v21 for cheaper broadband.
click here

Demora

Quiller. 19:06 07 Jan 03

Sorry first time always and no probs.

Have ya paid ya bill? lol

blackmoon 19:09 07 Jan 03

Mine connects first time everytime. However, mine does sometimes disconnect itself after about an hour. Really frustrating!!

Rtus 19:23 07 Jan 03

Even I have these problems recently to the point Im fed up with the whole thing. what was a reliable mode of internet access is now more of a hinderance. the problem occured after the hourly rate cut (120hrs)was anounced.I get various error reports i-e password incorrect cant find server etc .but funnily enough if I use the daytime 1p per min number it connects straight away( same account paswords an all).I may very well close this account as its limits have been modified from those I accepted on signup.Ive looked at other options and there as limited.broadband isnt an option for me its not available here.

Bapou 20:46 07 Jan 03

No problems, it's very rare that a redial is necessary at any time of day.

Bapou 20:48 07 Jan 03

No problems, it's very rare that a redial is necessary at any time of day.

shuggee 22:25 07 Jan 03

I have never had any problems connecting with BT Surftime. I have had a problem with remaining connected, however. Sometimes I get cut off seconds after connecting. I reconnect and it happens again. Sometimes it happens repeatedly until I get fed up and pack it in. Other times it will happen a few times and then be ok.

I have considered changing to another ISP but from posts I have read they all seem to be as bad as each other.

If anyone knows of a reliable one I'd be grateful to hear about it.

shuggee 22:25 07 Jan 03

I have never had any problems connecting with BT Surftime. I have had a problem with remaining connected, however. Sometimes I get cut off seconds after connecting. I reconnect and it happens again. Sometimes it happens repeatedly until I get fed up and pack it in. Other times it will happen a few times and then be ok.

I have considered changing to another ISP but from posts I have read they all seem to be as bad as each other.

If anyone knows of a reliable one I'd be grateful to hear about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…