bt adsl router voyager 211

jolorna 21:42 20 Aug 06

is it possable to just use the ethernet ports and disable the wireless part, have been using a sumvision ethernet modem router which has given up the ghost, the ready & wan lights were just flashing and no data light, before this happened i was getting good download speed but no very little upstream speed, on bt bb 2mb

jolorna 21:43 20 Aug 06

correction 2110

Strawballs 21:48 20 Aug 06

Yes you should be able to do this by accessing the setup but if you have encryption set up just plug in the wires and leave the wireless side.

jolorna 21:53 20 Aug 06

thanks for your answer will go and buy it tomorrow at the moment im having to use my voyager 100 again, but i have 2 computers in the same room not far apart so wireless isn't needed, but will be handy if i want it later, will mark as resolved

Mr Mistoffelees 21:59 20 Aug 06

It is easy to disable the wireless part. Type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of your internet browser and press enter or clikc go. click advanced, then click configuration (enter password when prompted), then click wireless. Now you can uncheck "Enable Wireles Network". Finally click click Apply and close the page.

jolorna 22:06 20 Aug 06

thank you for that advice

jolorna 19:55 21 Aug 06

brought the bt adsl router voyager 2110 today have disabled the wirless part ok but the conection speeds are worse than the voyager 100 any sugestions how i can tweak the settings please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…