bt and 8meg broadband update these figures ?

frankie 19:16 27 Apr 06

i upgraded on bt from 2meg to 8 meg my connection seems even slower now the upgrade has been done ,can you tell me what i am actually connected at please, i have a router ethernet wired connection, little icon shows 100.0 mbps .....Your throughput compared To Other Connections

V.92 Dialup 56 Kbps (Symmetrical)
ISDN Single 64 Kbps (Symmetrical)
ISDN Duel 128 Kbps (Symmetrical)

ADSL 500 Kbps (Download)
ADSL 1 Mbps (Download)
ADSL 2 Mbps (Download)
256 Kbps (Upload)

ADSL 2+ 8 Mbps (Download) N.B "Upto"
832 Kbps (Upload) N.B "Upto"

Your Throughput 1.93 Mbps (Download)
0.39 Mbps (Upload)

Forum Editor 19:25 27 Apr 06

click here and run the speed test. Then come back to your thread with the results - we'll take it from there.

Bear in mind the fact that it can take up to a couple of days for your upgraded connection to settle - the exchange hardware will 'learn' about your line quality during this period, and stabilise your connection at the maximum possible speed. Don't expect that to be at 8MB, because it's unlikely.

ed-0 19:26 27 Apr 06

" Your Throughput 1.93 Mbps (Download)
0.39 Mbps (Upload)"

that looks like 2Mb download speed

390Kb upload speed.

They always say " upto ", so that is IF you line will support it. You may be a distance from your exchange and 2Mb may be the best you can get?

Check your line with click here just pop your telephone number in.

frankie 20:06 27 Apr 06

thanks for response but the grey block just stays grey ?????????

frankie 20:07 27 Apr 06

says it should support 6.5 to 8 meg

ed-0 20:16 27 Apr 06

Like the FE has pointed out. It takes awhile for the line to be ready. It also takes around a week to stabilise ( think thats the right word )the line.

Try this speed test, I don't know if it will give the data the FE requires to advise you? click here

frankie 20:23 27 Apr 06

seems to be 2.2 ish from what i can make out will get back in 10 days and see outcome,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…