BT 205 Modem Router into Belkin Router

Neospace 23:22 11 Oct 06

Al right. As you might have guessed by the title. Toda i bought myself a Belkin wireless g router. So i plug it in install it. and all is hunky dory. UNTILL i start to Download files. And my connection goes very sporatic. it goes up to 200kbs, back down to 90kbs and constantly fluctuates between them going even lower than 40kb on some ocasions. Compares to when i just plug in my BT voyager 205 and get a nice constant 300kbs. Now im kind of new to the wireless networking scene so be gentle. and if you need any more information just shout

Hope someone cant point me in the right direction.

Tone

Neospace 00:01 12 Oct 06

firstly, its the BT Voyager 205 modem router.

Sencondly. i tried going back to just having the BT 205 without the belkin wireless router to see if i could get my better speeds back, but now it wouldnt even let me connect to the internet untill i hooked up my wireless router again. Anyone?

Danoh 13:35 13 Oct 06

1st)
If you have not secured your wireless network, other people jumping on for a free ride could reduce your download bandwidth and speeds.

Or if you have more then one computer being used in the house, the primary reason for setting up a network, were there other users actively using the internet at the time you experienced sporadic download speeds?

2nd)
Did you try to connect directly to the BT 205 with an Ethernet cable or USB cable?
And how did you use to connect before your wireless router ~ USB?

If you just want to get things working again, undo/delete all the wireless settings and start from scratch again.

Try and check out other threads by searching for “Voyager 205”, “BT 205”, etc.
Here’s one thread I found by doing so.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced