B.T. 2000 router upgrade to B.T.2100 router

alan9900 14:28 04 Apr 05

can amyone tell me if thier would be any benifits/speed increase on my broadband/wireless network if i were to upgrade my router and usb wireless adapters

JonnyTub 04:37 07 Apr 05

You won't gain any download speed as this is determined by many factors the biggest one being the service you subscribe to from your ISP, i.e. 512mb, 1mb, etc. If however and I'll presume you have 802.11b wireless adaptors as you don't say, you want faster file transfers between pc's, by all means upgrade them, you will see an increase depending on which ones you go for. If your reasoning is to achieve faster download speeds from the net using new adaptors then you won't see any increase. 802.11b has a rate of 11mbps, no uk isp currently offers anything close to this speed so there's life in them yet.

alan9900 18:43 07 Apr 05

thanks for that info jonneytub i'll put off any thuoghts on upgrading just yet is dose seem a silly if their's no improvement from the net downlosd speed thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…