BSOD'S

gengiscant 08:08 24 May 10

Just reinstalled windows 7 and have been having BSODS.I was getting them intermittently before, but put it down to trying different software then removing.
What I am looking for is a website that reads and interprets minidumps. Although I have run memtest for over 12 hours and all drivers are up to date I would like to get to the bottem of this.

PC spec.
Asus P7P55D LE P55 Socket 1156 8 Channel Audio motherboard
Intel Core i5 750, S 1156, Lynnfield, Quad Core. Overclocked
Corsair Hydro Series H50 Liquid cooling system
OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz/PC3-10666 Platinum XTC Triple Channel Memory (PC3-8500)
Two Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 Vapor-X 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Cards
Kingston 64 GB SSD V series harddrive
1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD
Hitachi 250GB SATA Hard Drive
Xigmatek Midgard case
Dell 2410 A01 monitor
Mionix Saiph 3200 gaming mouse
Saitek Eclipse 111 keyboard
Windows 7 ultimate

howard64 08:50 24 May 10

try downloading the diagnostic tools from your main C: hard drive makers site. Run the tests and see if it fails. What you are describing could be a faulty hard drive not writing the info back to the drive.

ashdav 09:13 24 May 10

The thing that's missing from your equipment list is the PSU.
With that processor and 2 graphics cards it should be pretty hefty.
I would also set it back to default settings in the BIOS first (noticed you've got it overclocked).

ashdav 09:15 24 May 10

Meant optimum BIOS settings.

mwy1024 09:53 24 May 10

BIOS

click here

gengiscant 10:56 24 May 10

'howard64'had a look on the Kingston website does not seem to be a tool as you suggest.

'ashdav' an oversight on my part also the overclock part is wrong also,as I have just reinstalled windows I reset all the overclocks. My PSU is 550W OCZ Fatal1ty Modular Power Supply.

'mwy1024' ????????????

ashdav 16:03 24 May 10

I would suggest that the PSU at 550watts is a bit underpowered.
Try running with just one graphics card to see if that improves things.

ashdav 16:14 24 May 10

I put your equipment specs into click here as best I could and came up with 518watts.
This is very near the mark and gives little overhead.
I'd personally suggest a 750watts PSU.

gengiscant 17:06 24 May 10

I really do not think it is a power issue as the BSOD's are very intermittent. I have run this machine for three days constant whilst running various tests, memtest,burnintest without a BSOD to be seen. I run all my games at high settings again with no problems.

It might be a compatibility issue with one or other component which is difficult to pin down.

I am going to take your advice nonetheless to upgrade the PSU I might also change the ram.

ashdav 17:22 24 May 10

I found this click here if it's of any use.
Seems simpler than doing it the official Microsoft way.

gengiscant 18:31 24 May 10

Thanks, but I have that already, I've copied the minidumps and was hoping that might be a website that was able to make more sense of them, than I can.
Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…