BSOD USB bug code or ?

moorie- 20:42 04 Mar 07

ive got this annoying problem,
i use a bluetooth dongle and blue soleil software,if i use the dongle on my laptop running on battery i have no problems whatsoever.
The minute i plug the ac cord in i get bsod with usb bug code indicating hardware or faulty driver.
what i cant understand is why the driver is fine on battery but not ac power.
There is no problem when i connect other usb devices on ac power so that points back to the dongle?
any suggestions welcome,im considering chucking the offending item and purchasing another but didnt want to risk that if some issue with the laptop.

moorie- 21:53 04 Mar 07

I had a look in device manager hidden files and there was an item with a red cross through it
nvidia n force network controller packet scheduler mini port ,ive enabled that and rebooted and bsod hasnt happened for 15 mins would this explain it?

moorie- 02:44 05 Mar 07

it didnt turn out to be the network controller,a couple more bsod later,i found an unidentified serial driver installed under non plug and play devices,this was causing a conflict.

I deleted it in safemode and all is well( for the last few hours anyway)
so will mark as resolved fingers crossed!

Gongoozler 11:30 05 Mar 07

Well done moorie-, and it looks like you sat up most of the night to get it sorted ;-).

moorie- 15:23 05 Mar 07

on nightshift,so heh least getting paid for it lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…