BSOD: Stop: 0x0000008E

Grima_Wormtongue 20:37 30 Nov 05

Hi,

Please can someone shed some light on this really annoying BSOD I keep getting.

In full it is:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBFB3EDF7, 0xA8251AEC, 0x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll - Address BFB3EDF7 base at BF9D4000.

I keep getting it every night when I play Team Fortress of all games - a game based on the old Quake 2 engine, I believe.

My specs are:

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE motherboard
Club 7800GT Graphics card
Generic 2mb Samsung memory
4800+ x2 CPU

I have unistalled and re-installed the current NVIDIA drivers 81.95 and made sure it is a full and clean install, and it is the only game I get it on. Both BF2 and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - which are graphically superior have no problems at all.

I have not overclocked anything and have the graphics on default settings. I am concerned that the first stop code is to do with memory allocation error but I do not know for sure.

All help gratefully accepted, thanks.

VoG II 20:40 30 Nov 05

You can download the faulting .dll if you click here

woodchip 20:40 30 Nov 05

I would say you are having Graphics Problems. Try downloading a Installing the latest drivers. Or reinstall the Original drivers you got with the Card

Grima_Wormtongue 12:03 02 Dec 05

Thx for the info guys.

I downloaded the replacement .dll file, and it seems to have done the trick. I would of hated to roll back the driver because this latest one from Nvidia has been optimised for dual core...allegedly.

Thanks again!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…