BSOD Query

Demora 23:21 08 Jan 08

Hi.

I'm still getting the dreaded 'Stop' error messages ie windows has stopped because.

Various nymbers 0x4 7, 8a and various others. The chipset is intel mobile 946 and the laptop in question is a Novatech Razor dual core T5250 (I think). Its driving me nuts. so much so that I shall be taking this back to them on Thursday.

I didn't want to have to make the train journey but I don't live too far away.

Any help though to prevent this would be a god send.

TIA

D

johnnyrocker 23:24 08 Jan 08

os and more info please.

johnny.

any other info?,memory upgrade?any recent changes?

Demora 23:42 08 Jan 08

Sorry. I should have said. I was so cross with the laptop and in a hurry to get things I could remember down. I daren't turn it on at the moment.

Its win xp home. SP2. 2 gig memory. 120 SATA hdd. intel grafx and realtech sound. It has built in wifi and bluetoot. SD card reader and dvdRew.

Software is all I've installed. MSOffice 2000. Serif Pageplus 10, Paintshop pro x1. Serif Draw Plus.

Avast Anti Virus and Kerio firewall. SpybotS/D No games. Cyberlink Power DVD and Nero which was pre installed.

I haven't loaded any drivers apart from Printer sharing on home network. Epson R620. I go to the intel website for updates for the Gfx card and anything else BUT its very confusing.

I know that Novatech re badge laptops and as far as I can tell the maker is Uniwill.. Not sure of the BIOS. I have a feeling its a Pheonix tho.

D

Demora 23:48 08 Jan 08

This is what I bought in November 2007

click here

D

sorry Demora,time to hit the hay,
click here
bump you up a bit though

Demora 23:24 09 Jan 08

I have scanned the hdd for virus and spyware etc. I've also used ccleaner and the defrag program.

I had only one crash today and that was a stop[. something to do with the registry.

I re booted and chkdsk started. Since then its behaved.

???

D

Demora 11:35 22 Jan 08

Well I can now resolve this thread, (ha I hope) .

After being really cross and doing the memtest. I returned the laptop to Novatech and 6 days later its home. Fixed. New memory chips and updated BIOS.

Fingers crossed now.

Its been running for 2 hours no problems at all.

D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…