BSOD and now won't boot at all.

Ralphie85 12:23 05 Dec 07

Hi, in the last few days my PC has been locking up solid while playing games, which degenerated to BSOD this morning with the IRQL_not_less_or_equal error, and now refuses to boot at all.

I tried removing RAM modules and swapping them between sockets to no avail. The fans spin, lights blink and harddrives whir, but nothing gets to the monitor. I tried connecting the monitor to my laptop, and it works fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

MAJ 12:31 05 Dec 07

Is the fan on the processor working?

Ralphie85 12:41 05 Dec 07

Yes, it takes a couple of seconds to start, but them runs smoothly, no variation in speed or abrupt stops.

Ralphie85 14:22 05 Dec 07

Update; I unplugged all the peripherals barring the monitor and when I switched the PC on it started briefly, then everything died, and a few seconds later it started again but still no signal to the monitor. It did this a couple of times, but doesn't if I plug the peripherals back in.

johnnyrocker 14:24 05 Dec 07

sounds like a weak psu to me

johnny

Ralphie85 14:27 05 Dec 07

How would I be able to check if that's the case?
It's been running ok for months up till now, but it is a replacement PSU. The original blew up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…