BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_or_EQUAL Stop Message

Rockarch 16:42 11 Apr 07

Hi
Hoping for some help with a BSOD message.
I get a STOP message IRQL_NOT_LESS_or_EQUAL with a memory reference when I shut down windows. This has happened on every shut down since Friday when I installed some new software (Cyberlink Video software). I have uninstalled this but still have the same issue.
A quick google suggests that this problem is either due to some hardware problem (so maybe the whole laptop is about to die on me) or a buggy device driver.
I have a couple of questions - is it worth going back to a system restore point before the problem started ? Or is there some other diagnostics I can run?
I have a Dell Inspiron 510m running XP with no hardware changes since the original configuration.
Any help gratefully received
Thanks

anskyber 16:58 11 Apr 07

Yes. I would do a system restore.

anskyber 16:59 11 Apr 07

PS. To before you installed the driver.

Rockarch 17:11 11 Apr 07

I will do that but would you know why if as I have uninstalled the software which I think caused the problem why it would still happen? I uninstalled just using control panel add/remove programs. Where would I look to see if there are any remnants anywhere?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 11 Apr 07

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
click here

sunny staines 18:22 11 Apr 07

Its normally a faulty driver incorrectly trying to access the memory. try deleting the cyberlink software turn off pc for a few mins to clear memory turn on and reinstall software. could be software has faults

Rockarch 18:33 11 Apr 07

Thanks for the help. I have uninstalled the software & won't need it again so am happy without it. Fruitbat - How do I know which drivers I need to update or reinstall?
Do I need to do anything further to delete the cyberlink software as I just did it through control panel.
Thanks

sunny staines 06:09 12 Apr 07

run a registry checker like registry mechanic 5 [free] or ccleaner [free]to clear up any left overs.

Rockarch 07:43 12 Apr 07

Thanks for the help. I ran system restore last night to the point before I installed the new software. The strange thing was that when the system rebooted I got a message saying something like 'Couldn't perform system restore as no changes had been made' . Anyway on shutdown no BSOD so maybe the uninstallation was sufficient. I will run ccleaner anyway to clean things up.
I will say this is resolved for the moment but I'll be back if it recurs!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…