BSOD error code d1 or d3

Flimsii 16:59 25 Oct 09

ive been getting bsod'd i recall two when i play games and was searching for servers online the other when i was downloadin something,i also get disconnected alot the pc has been problematic before and has very recently come back from repairs and is on a wireless network but at other times ive left it downloading overnight and no problems would occur my question is is this a hardware problem or is it caused by an external faultly accesories eg a faulty wireless reciever or a mic.

Pineman100 17:06 25 Oct 09

If it's just back from a repair job, I suggest you complain to the repairers.

Flimsii 17:21 25 Oct 09

i want to make sure the manufacturers(theyre also who fixed it) are at fault before i complain because i agreed when they fixed it that if it broke again after they fixed it that theyed give me a refund so i dont want to complain have it sent back only to have them say it was a external problem so im in an awkward position hence the post

Pineman100 11:20 26 Oct 09

This is a perennial problem with computer repairs - the repairer insists that (a) the problem is due to someone else (usually the software publisher), or (b) that a failed fix is actually a new problem.

You'll just have to stand your ground and insist that the problem didn't exist before the computer was sent to them for repair (I assume it didn't?), and has existed ever since it came back. If the argument reaches a more serious stage, then you can ultimately threaten to take it to Trading Standards or the Small Claims Court.

But to go back to your original question about a faulty accessory, I suggest you unplug everything that you can, and see whether the problem still occurs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…