bsd

sms 15:26 26 Dec 12

my computer started to have problems and would not get past xp boot screen. I put new graphics card new hd and new memory. I ran xp installation disk and after loading files it restarts windows upon which I get bsd. I have tried other ram, graphics cards and unplugged other periferals. Still crashes after re-start. Please any adive what to de next

sms 08:37 27 Dec 12

I tried the variables one at a time with the same result stop code 0x000000D1 atapi.sys

bumpkin 14:29 27 Dec 12

"last known good configuration" worth trying if you can access it.

woodchip 17:06 27 Dec 12

Put the Old stuff back then see if it boots, if it does fit parts and test one by one

woodchip 17:07 27 Dec 12

PS Memory could be faulty or in wrong slots or wrong speed memory

lotvic 17:38 27 Dec 12

I have a recollection that it might be some setting in the bios setup and the way it recognises the hard drive? if someone could look that up it might be the answer, I think it involved changing the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:20 27 Dec 12

check DVD drive cables is fully pushed home at both the drive and motherboard ends

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to Draw Realistic Female Superheroes

Apple Q3 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone and Mac sales fall, overall revenue'…