bsd

sms 26 Dec 12

my computer started to have problems and would not get past xp boot screen. I put new graphics card new hd and new memory. I ran xp installation disk and after loading files it restarts windows upon which I get bsd. I have tried other ram, graphics cards and unplugged other periferals. Still crashes after re-start. Please any adive what to de next

sms 27 Dec 12

I tried the variables one at a time with the same result stop code 0x000000D1 atapi.sys

bumpkin 27 Dec 12

"last known good configuration" worth trying if you can access it.

woodchip 27 Dec 12

Put the Old stuff back then see if it boots, if it does fit parts and test one by one

woodchip 27 Dec 12

PS Memory could be faulty or in wrong slots or wrong speed memory

lotvic 27 Dec 12

I have a recollection that it might be some setting in the bios setup and the way it recognises the hard drive? if someone could look that up it might be the answer, I think it involved changing the SATA mode from AHCI to IDE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 27 Dec 12

check DVD drive cables is fully pushed home at both the drive and motherboard ends

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message