browsing prob

edee66 11:09 29 Dec 04

Because of slow browsing I was told to check the stats in DOS. I found a number of address's there, below the heading 'Too many parameters' which had 'waiting' at the end of them. I assume I should delete these but how do you do this?

GaT7 18:25 31 Dec 04

Well, I don't know exactly what you mean but hopefully this should 'bump' you up the list & someone more knowledgeable may be able to answer.

From the little I do know, your Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files may need editing/renaming(??), so please post their contents here.

To post contents of your Autoexec.bat & Config.sys files - in Windows: Start -> Run. Type "sysedit" (without the quotes) & press OK. First, copy the contents of the C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT & paste them in the "Message" box at the bottom, put 'Autoexec.bat' in the "Title" box & press the 'Post response' button. Second, do the same with the C:\CONFIG.SYS file, putting 'Config.sys' in the "Title" box.

Then in your third post, let us know your operating system, type of Internet connection, whether your PC is connected to a network & type of network, plus, what programs you're running in terms of antivirus, firewall, antispyware & anything else that appears in the Autoexec.bat file but has been uninstalled. G

PS - If you're confident of posting all the above in ONE post, so they appear LEGIBLY then go ahead & do so.

edee66 11:43 01 Jan 05

Crossbow7, thanks will get into it.

LinuxPenguin 17:17 01 Jan 05

Dont post the technical stuff here, if anyone malicious sees it....

if you get stuck, hit the email link by my name...

first of all, tell me about you network connection,s isp, internet connection, what modem / router you use, windows version etc.

edee66 12:15 02 Jan 05

Thanks Linux, actually Im not sure if I have discovered the problem or part of it. I was looking in e-mule where I was d/loading some music. Some time since I checked it and I noticed the word 'waiting' which is what these addresses have at the end (in the DOS stats) that I was told to look in. I may delete e-mule app and see what happens. I will get back to you with the results.

thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…