browsing and keyboard problems

gcs_uk 17:23 10 Aug 03

for some reason i am suddenly encountering the following two problems they just started literally minutes ago

none of the punctuation keys seem to work ie press the forward slash key and ? appears also the top row of number keys dont work when i press a number the secondary character appears

with regards to web browsing whenever i click onto a link it opens in a new window which means trying to browse forums is impossible>

looked under the advanced option in internet tools but cant seem to find anything checked which would cause this problem>

tia

JIM 17:37 10 Aug 03

go of line reboot your system see if anything changes.

krypt1c 18:04 10 Aug 03

Re your keyboard check you're still using english [united kingdom]as your default.

-pops- 18:10 10 Aug 03

It may be that the mechanism of the keyboard is being affected by the hot weather. Remember there are more than 100 key tops plus their associated moving springs, levers, thingies and gizmos which can easily be affected by expansion.

If you have a USB keyboard, un-hitch it and put it in the fridge for a while - not too long mind, you don't want condensation on it. Re-attach and see what happens. Be careful doing this if it's a PS2 keyboard - power down first before you unplug.

Brian

VoG II 18:18 10 Aug 03

Note: this has been solved click here

gcs_uk 21:57 10 Aug 03

I have no idea why there are two posts for this - oh well thanks for all the help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…