Browsers won't open

Kristoff 10:38 13 Apr 06

Hi there,

Any help gratefully received, am a little out of my depth now! I'm on windows XP, IE6, have a broadband connection and everything was fine. However, all of a sudden I can't open Explorer. When I try to open it I just get a blank page. The same thing happens if I try to open Firefox. The internet connection looks good but I just can't bring up any web pages on either browser. I have scanned with Adaware, Spybot etc and it seems clean. I have also tried system restore but to no avail. I have had some suggestions from friends but they all seem to involve repairing the system using the windows XP disk, which I'm sure I don't have as the pc came with it all ready installed. Are there any other suggestions out there?

Thanks a lot

rawprawn 10:59 13 Apr 06

If both IE and Firefox show blank pages (Are these blank, or error pages)It would seem to be a connection problem to me. For example can you see the little "tv icon" in the system tray? and have you looked in Control Panel/Network Connections, does it show connected ?

Belatucadrus 11:06 13 Apr 06

Have a look at your connection account properties, go to the networking tab and make sure that Internet protocol TCP/IP is present and ticked.

Kristoff 11:09 13 Apr 06

When I first noticed the problem on Tues I got error pages but I tried again yesterday and just got blank pages, with the progress bar at the bottom moving very slowly. I can see the 'tv' icon in the system tray and it does show that the system is connected.

rawprawn 11:46 13 Apr 06

If you are running a Firewall turn it off and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…