Browsers not finding server

Quiet Life 20 Mar 12
Answered

I am trying to assist with a netbook. The netbook connects OK to my wireless router and Outlook Express and Skype work OK. Internet Explorer does not connect and I get message Cannot find Server.There is no antivirus or firewall in operation. I have scanned laptop for nasties and it is clean. Installed Chrome and again pages do not load and message is Waiting. nSuggestions to solve this problem appreciated.

rdave13 20 Mar 12

Have you tried flushing the DNS, http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

buteman 20 Mar 12

Try with your Firewall turned off.Or maybe check your anti-malware program in case that is stopping it.

woodchip 20 Mar 12

try rebooting router with computer connected and turned on, if wireless it will need the network keyboard inputting into pc

Quiet Life 27 Mar 12
Answer

Thanks for the responses. There was a control program Parents Carefree installed which prohibited internet access. When I obtained the pass word I changed the settings.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message