Browser/Home Page Hijack

Dumfy 16:31 28 Jun 06

Hi All

I know this has been covered many times here on the forum, but I'm stuck.

My Home Page when I start Internet Explorer can't be changed. I've used the Tools option in I.E. to change and have tried all the suugestions from this forum having done a search.

I've run Spybot, Hijack This, Spyguard and tried suggested registry tweaks from the Web, but nothing works.

In my account it always defaults to Yahoo/HP and in my wife's it's always MSN.

I have noticed when checking Internet Options in Control panel that the "Use Current" option is greyed out, but it isn't when using IE Tools option.

Any other ideas? It's only a niggle, but annoying.

Best Regards

Dumfy

oakwood 16:45 28 Jun 06

Try here

click here

Legolas 19:39 28 Jun 06

I posted this here click here try it it worked for me

skidzy 19:56 28 Jun 06

Have you tried Ewido click here its free unless you would like the full version.

Maybe running (a-squared)click here

Hope these helps

Legolas 21:15 28 Jun 06

Dumfy I tried all the virus checkers I could find and nothing worked apart from the solution on the link I gave above it takes a bit of time but it works.

VoG II 21:24 28 Jun 06

Do you get an error message?

Try this if not click here

Dumfy 11:45 30 Jun 06

I tried all the above suggestions but nothing worked I'm afraid. I didn't think it was a virus as although the home pages in both accounts were different, they were legit - namely MSN and Yahoo.

My only way around it was to re-install the recovery partition and start over.

All OK now and the home pages can be changed at will.

Thanks again

Dumfy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…