Browser window won't open on wireless connection

badgersmilk 13:40 07 Dec 06

Hi all.
I have had my new wireless enabled laptop for a couple of months now and decided to get online wirelessly through various hotspots around the country as I work everywhere. My problem is that I can connect to all the available networks my laptop finds at 54Mbps but opening a browser window is a little confusing.
The window opens with my default fixed line pay as you go and wants me to connect through this. I always thought the window of the wireless browser would come up. I have tried everything to solve this problem and scoured the net looking for answers to no avail. I still use fixed line for work but could just do with sorting my browser out for the wireless network. I am assuming it is something very simple I am missing, like a check box or the like.

Ashrich 21:30 07 Dec 06

Open your Internet Explorer and go to ...tools / Internet Options / Connections / and tick the button that says " Never dial a connection " that should do it .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced