Browser problems

aberfeldy 11:46 28 Oct 03

Using IE6. I have just set up my laptop for internet connection and everything seems fine, however when I am on a webs home page and click on a link to the same sites other pages I just get a blank page popping up. Any ideas

Thanks in advance

Pesala 12:27 28 Oct 03

Maybe it is not only you having problems.

canard 13:33 28 Oct 03

I've suddenly started having same prob since installing quicktime and all that non MS Java. Have checked the dlls as per MS instructions, repaired and replaced IE6.1, but still have to use Opera for PCA users hyperlinks to work.The PC tries to link but no address appears in the address bar and the taskbar is left blank. It seems that the triggering mechanism/script/exe for Java linked URLs has got erased or corrupted.
In the end I put it down to all those IE updates as it has corrupted badly [Isignup turning itself into an infinite loop twice] since July and needed a disc wipe and win98 SE reinstall.

canard 18:59 05 Nov 03

click here I have just cracked this prob. I'd had this error when downloading Sun Java [in the hopes of fixing IE hyperlinks] and reinstalling Sygate. Having found this I installed the patch and all was well after a restart- Halleluja! Apparently my prob, and maybe yours, was caused by versions of oleaut32.dll et al getting too far ahead. Good luck with your IE. I suspect that installing Spywareblaster caused the overfuturification of my dratted dlls.

woodchip 19:35 05 Nov 03

Any of you on Win98 Run the Repair option of IE in Add Remove Double Click on Microsoft Internet Explorer

VoG II 22:15 05 Nov 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

canard 23:45 05 Nov 03

Tried the IE repair -it didn't solve it. Also reinstalled with no joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…