Browser Problem

Gigs 22:55 24 Apr 04

I have just upgraded to broadband, which by the way,I wish I had done ages ago.
On my old 56k I mainly used the Opera browser, as well as Mozilla and occassionally IE6.
I now find I can use Mozilla and IE6 OK but all I get with Opera is a page from Freeserve telling me to check my settings on IE, which I have done and they are correct. I can download no other sites. I cannot ask Opera because I can't get into it.

Can anyone throw any light on this for me please.

Thankyou

woodchip 23:07 24 Apr 04

Try removing it and reinstall

peachie 23:19 24 Apr 04

I have had a lot of trouble over the last couple of days with this web site. it seems to have corrupted internet explorer. At first it changed my default homepage. I managed to correct this with the help of "HijackThis". Now when I click on some of the web sites in "favourites", instead of going to the desired site I am re-directed to this site. I have even tried entering the full address of the desired site but still get re-directed to freednshosts.info. Can anyone advise how I stop this happening

VoG II 23:38 24 Apr 04

click here may help you but it is bad manners to piggy-back somebody else's thread. You should start your own.

Gigs 00:11 25 Apr 04

woodchip and VoG, thanks for replies. I'll have to read the link in a bit more detail but I think I will try woodchip's suggestion.

Thanks again

Gigs

Gigs 00:29 25 Apr 04

woodchip.

Carried out your suggestion which did the trick. Thanks very much for your help.

Gigs

woodchip 00:34 25 Apr 04

Watch out for it, it may return your best bet now is to try to remove with the above programs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…