Browser not supported..............why?

Rhuddlan 23:38 04 May 03

I have a message displaying on my screen when I visit certain websites saying that my browser is not supported, but I have ie 6 service pack 1 and have it correctley installed and have looked around the internet options and gone to the advanced tab and restored defaults, but still the same thing happens, I have also looked around the hard disk and gone into the ie folder in program files, and all files, folders and icons are present, thanks for any help.

hugh-265156 23:51 04 May 03

whats the site?post a link

Rhuddlan 00:01 05 May 03

the site is pandasoftware, i'm not sure of the exact site, sorry about that. Also my daughter was trying to gain access to a chat room earlier today and the same thing happened, again i'm sorry but I can;t remember the website, I have deleted the history, thanks, regards, Rhuddlan.

hugh-265156 00:06 05 May 03

is this it?click here

Rhuddlan 00:10 05 May 03

it's pandaactive scan, click on products

hugh-265156 00:28 05 May 03

just tried it with xp and ie6 all working ok here

hugh-265156 00:39 05 May 03

only thing i can think of is get all the updates you can from windows update.and instead of using this get avg antivirus

Wrinkles 01:49 05 May 03

I had this problem some time back. If you have a fire wall installed check if it is set for "Stealth Browsing". This feature hides your browser details from and site that queries it.
Mine which is Sygate, played havoc with me for weeks until I finaly sussed it. Try going to MSN and the reply would be "Browser or OS not compatible upgrade to min IE3 and.or win98"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…