Browser nightmare

muddler 08:44 26 May 06

Heeeeelllllpppppppp meeeeeeee,

O.K I log onto many different websites for work and home but I am having trouble with just one.
Basiclly the home page will just not load (it flashes up then disappears, sometimes loading a bit more of the page each time).

I have carried out the following to no avail,

1. Carried out a disk cleanup
2. Removed entries from browser cache/cookies e.t.c
3. Removed entries from history e.t.c.
4. Found an entry for it under 'domains' using reg cleaner and removed it (thought I was onto a real winner there).

The page loads fine on another P.C using XP pro (I am using home edition) I have tried using 2 different webserver providers on the same machine without success.

Cheers,

Muddler.

VoG II 08:53 26 May 06

Which site?

muddler 09:20 26 May 06

kayakfishinguk.net

StanH 10:41 26 May 06

Comes up OK for me at click here

gudgulf 10:58 26 May 06

I get a generic search page hosted by GoDaddy .com informing me the domain is for (kayakfishing.net) is for sale.The header on the Tab in Firefox also says kayakfishing.net Coming Soon.

Is that what you are expecting to see or your other pc's are showing muddler?

Could it be that your other pcs are displaying a cached page and that the original site is now closed?

muddler 13:48 26 May 06

Thanks for the reply's,

The site I'm having problems with is kayakfishinguk.net not kayakfishing.net the site displayed on my other p.c is definately not a cached page as I can browse different/new parts of it when I log on.

gudgulf 13:56 26 May 06

Ok.......kayakfishinguk.net loads correctly and immediately using XPpro and Firefox.No problem using Internet Explorer 6 either.

Have you tried an alternate web browser such as Firefox?

beynac 13:58 26 May 06

Are you using a dial-up connection? The page seems to download quite a lot of stuff!! If the connection is slow it could take a while.

SANTOS7 13:58 26 May 06

click here
comes up OK for me, XP Pro (firefox)

StanH 16:56 26 May 06

The UK one comes up OK for me click here

mattyc_92 16:59 26 May 06

Works OK here.... Running WinXP Pro + FireFox

What browser are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…