Browser jamming up

rover364 10:54 30 Apr 03

I have recently been having problems with my internet browser jamming up on a regular basis.
Nothing seems to work,i cannot use the mouse,the curser stops flashing and the only way to get off the screen is to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
On the screen then is a box with the message
'lw(not responding).Firstly,what is lw and secondly, if this is the problem,how can i go about sorting it out?

MAJ 11:17 30 Apr 03

Off-hand, I don't know what lw is (although it does ring a bell), but it's something you have installed. Which browser and which operating system are you using, rover364? It might be worthwhile, if you haven't already, to check your system for spyware. To that end, download, install, update and run these three free spyware detection applications:

Adaware6: click here

SpywareBlaster: click here

Spybot Search and Destroy: click here

VoG™ 11:24 30 Apr 03

I *think* LW might be LimeWire (file sharing)click here

MAJ 11:27 30 Apr 03

Yup that's the one, VoG™, old age I'm afraid. :-)

rover364 23:23 30 Apr 03

Well,touch wood,the spywareblast seems to have done the trick Maj.What i forgot to mention in my original posting was that the problem effected my whole operating system - which is Windows ME.It didn't matter whether i was on or offline.
I have 'Knocked out' 2 files which have been appearing as causing errors on a regular basis.
These are kernell32.dll and win32.whatever!!.
Since i have 'zapped' these 2 my system seems to have settled down.The Kernell32 one came up in spywareblast as a trojan.

VoG™ 23:33 30 Apr 03

Assuming that you have LimeWire, I would suggest that you do a virus scan click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…