Browser Hijacked

golfpro 13:04 04 May 04

I think my browser has been hijacked or there was an attempt, I ran my Ad-aware about an hour ago and there was a poss. hijack attempt name "HKEY_Current_User" which I deleted then went to start up my internet browser (internet explorer) and the start page had been changed to MSN's home page (I use a blank page) anybody els had this recently and what can I do now or is it OK.

Taff36 13:18 04 May 04

Do you run spybot search & destroy as well? If so you have probably set spybot to protect your home page from a hijack. Adaware detects this fact and you have probably quarantined the protection as it were. IE then defaults to MSN.

Am I close anyone?

expertec 13:25 04 May 04

If you're worried you might have been hijacked go to click here , register and go to the "HijackThis and Spyware Removal Support" section, someone will be able to help you there

golfpro 13:33 04 May 04

I don't have Spybot but do have Spywareblaster (for about three weeks now), but I have run Ad-aware quite a lot over the last few months and also three or four times since installing S/B and this is the first time this has happened. If it is something to do with S/B or Ad-aware, how do I rectify it??

golfpro 13:36 04 May 04

I may say that at the moment I am back to my normal home page and everything seems Ok. Scary what!!

Taff36 14:06 04 May 04

I think you`re OK for the moment. Unless it happens again I shouldn`t worry too much. Looks like Adaware caught something and got rid of it. If spywareblaster (Like spybot) has a facility to prevent your homepage from hijack it alters a setting such as you described. Adaware notices this and thinks it`s an attack so lists it as a vulnerability. Sounds like this isn`t quite the same though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…