Browser Hijack...

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:19 14 May 03

I have a range of protection applications running on my PC. ZA, AVG, Spybot, Spywareguard, Spywareblaster, etc. The one thing I overlooked (until my browser was hi-jacked last night), was a Wilders Security program, 'Browser Hijack Blaster'. I've got it now, and would advise anyone who hasn't, to download it now! (You never think it will happen to you).

ahales42 00:40 14 May 03

Thanks for the warning but does this apply to bb or is it a dial-up problem?

John-259217 01:30 14 May 03

It applies to all connections.

It will stop any programs from changing the settings of your internet browser, such as your default homepage, without your permission.

The site mentioned also has a wealth of other security related info, definitely worth a look in my opinion here`s the link click here

cracker²³ 08:18 14 May 03

Thanks barryoneoff.co.uk just downloaded it. For some reason I thought Spybot,Adaware etc stopped this from happening.Thanks again

bruno 08:40 14 May 03

I went to the link but was unsure which is the program referred to .Which one did you select and download?Thanks for post.

cracker²³ 08:44 14 May 03

Click on downloads in the list on the left,and you'll find it in the list-bhblastersetup.exe

The Spires 08:56 14 May 03

Or use opera.

otubby1 11:42 14 May 03

Can this programme be used in conjunction with my AV and firewall?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:56 14 May 03

running at once. Some people get problems from time to time but I have never had any.

otubby1 00:02 15 May 03

I think I'll give it a go coz I've had my homepage done a couple of times in the past. But I've been told on a few occassions that I should only run one at a time.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:29 15 May 03

it works for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017