browser display problem

Legolas 15:31 24 Sep 03

I posted this in the web design page as well but this page gets more hits

I created a site with two frames so that I could anchor the navigation links and have the links open in the second frame. The problem is I built it with the resolution on my 17" screen at 1024x768 when viewed on a 15" screen at 800x600 it requires too much scrolling which detracts from the overall look of the site. I then rebuilt it with my screen at 800x600 but when seen at 1024x768 again it looks wrong. How can I make it fit and look okay regardless of the screen resolution being used.
click here

Legolas 20:22 24 Sep 03

bump

Hi Norrie,

It is normal to place a line on the opening page something like----

"This page is best viewed at 800x600"

OR

"This site should be viewed at 1024x768"

I am sure that there will be an HTML/JAVA answer where the resolution can be detected and adjusted accordingly. It certainly exists inside Excel!

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Legolas 22:31 24 Sep 03

Thanks Whisperer

I am still looking for an answer to this problem...anyone?

Djohn 22:48 24 Sep 03

Sorry, can't help with the question. Just like to say the page looks good at 1280x1024 and it's quite a while since I saw such a well designed site, really clean, yet colourful. Regards. j.

Legolas 11:15 25 Sep 03

Thank you Djohn I was pleased with it till I saw it on a computer at college and realised at 800x600 it did'nt look as good to much scrolling needed

Legolas 21:25 27 Sep 03

I also had a problem with the menu it was causing the site to freeze when loading I think I have fixed it now, will you give it go for me and see if it is working ok now. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…