browser cache problem possibility

richierich 19:03 12 Jan 05

I have a website which when I update it it still shows the previous version, although shows fine on another pc so I know it has updated properly.
I have deleted temp internet files and temp files but still shows old version.
Im using win xp pro and AOL9.
If I launch internet explorer it shows updated version, if I use the AOL browser it shows old version, is there a way of clearing the aol cache.

spikeychris 19:07 12 Jan 05

At the top of the page between the <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags add

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache"> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Cache-Control" CONTENT="no-cache">

spikeychris 19:10 12 Jan 05

Sorry ignore the above, others can see the updates so click here

richierich 19:11 12 Jan 05

I will try this but Im a bit nervous as I dont do HTML, I built the site in netobjects fusion which is like an amateur programme where you just lay the stuff out without getting involved in code.
Many thanks

spikeychris 19:13 12 Jan 05

Please read my 1910: post. click here also

richierich 19:14 12 Jan 05

Okay chris, I wont add the code, but I dont understand what the AOl page is about to be honest.

spikeychris 19:19 12 Jan 05

How about the second link?

richierich 19:36 12 Jan 05

2nd link helped. followed instructions and went to site, still showing old version, press F5 and refreshed to new version. sorted, many thanks.
I just hope my site visitors arnt using AOL as it seems only a problem with them.
thanks again

richierich 19:39 12 Jan 05

forgot to tick resolved box

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…