brother .wpt file conversion

f1fan 20:12 04 Mar 03

I have been given the job of converting some old files with a .wpt file extension written on a brother word processor to a pc format, preferably word.
Is there a free/cheap downloadable program on the www that will do this??

Thanks for any help

AndySD 21:05 04 Mar 03

Try using the Office converter you can add it as a componant by running the office cd... there are extra converters on the microsoft web site.

wpt is word perfect I believe.

f1fan 21:10 04 Mar 03

I will try this, thanks!

beeuuem 21:12 04 Mar 03

'.wpt' is a Word Perfect Template file and can be opened from MS Word if WordPerfect is not available.

Open MS Word, from the dropdown 'File' go to 'Open' and open the files from where you have placed them on the PC, floppy etc.

f1fan 22:12 04 Mar 03

have tried wordperfect 5 & 6 with no joy.
from further searches, ".wpt" extension seem to be "wordport" !? so will look on the microsoft web site.
will post results :)

VoG™ 22:20 04 Mar 03

According to click here it is a WordPerfect Template Document file. As nor=ted above, you should be able to import these into Word provided that you have loaded the converters (which I believe are not installed by default).

DieSse 22:25 04 Mar 03

It's not a Word Perfect template - it was created on a Brother dedicated WP system !!

In the (Word 2000) File menu, choose open, then choose, from the file type pull down, "Recover text from any File" option.

You will ahve to get rid of some formatting rubbish, but I've used this sucessfully on similar WP files.

VoG™ 22:27 04 Mar 03

Well hush my mouf.

woodchip 22:32 04 Mar 03

WordPerfect use .WPD I know as I have got it

DieSse 22:41 04 Mar 03

Sorry - got a bit carried away there!

VoG™ 22:43 04 Mar 03

No problem. I've never used a Brother and never tried to import Brother files into Word so was just gassing off as ever.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…