Brother Printer HL1230

Les 11:32 12 Jun 06

It's not my lucky week, that's for sure!

In addition to the Motherboard battery conking out (now corrected) my Brother HL -1230 Laser printer is giving trouble. It had worked prior to the battery incident - but that may be a red herring for I cannot be sure of exactly when I used the printer last.

My OS is Windows XP Home.

I have a docment on screen which I wish to print, following the usual procedure of clicking on File/Print etc. there is no reaction from the printer at all. Going into Control Panel and going down to the Printers and Faxes, clicking on that and double clicking on the default printer (the Brother) I find that the box which comes up has put the file into a queue

In the Document name section it says 'ms-its:C:\ ' plus the path and filename.

In the status section - it states 'Error - Printing'

I have uninstalled the printer and then made a fresh install with the same result. The connecting cable (Parallel) is two years old, hasn't been abused in any way (ie:- plugged and unplugged roughly), is fixed correctly - could a cable develop a fault despite what I have said about it's use? Or is it, after all, tied in with the battery replacment in some way - ie:- is there a bios adjustment which has to be made ( all appears Ok in that department - but then, I have no experience in that department and could well be wrong)

Any experienced this behaviour with their printer. All replies appreciated.

Les 18:48 12 Jun 06

bump

Les 23:45 12 Jun 06

Problem solved by restoring an image of the 'C:' drive - using Acronis. Printer now works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…