Brother MFC-3820CN: one ink not printing (new ink)

John_John 20:27 23 Apr 05

I've been using a Brother MFC-3820CN for almost a year now, and everything has gone just fine ... until now. 3 of my cartridges were near empty, so I ordered new cartridges to replace the 3 near empty ones. Two of the new cartridges worked fine, but one of them doesn't. I don't know if it is the cartridge or the print head. I tried cleaning the print head several times, and have even replaced the new cartridge with a second new cartridge of the same color that I bought. I tried calling Brother's support line, but they were not any help. It is just strange to me how all of a sudden, after I replaced the ink the color just stopped printing. I can't figure out what to do next to try and figure out the exact problem. Does anyone have any ideas I could try to narrow my problem down?

spuds 23:03 23 Apr 05

Just completed a google search, and some interesting facts have been reported.It would appear that there is a print head problem with some Brother printers including the MFC-3820CN.The general suggestion is that you contact Brother as they have information on this problem.It would appear, that some warranties in the USA have been extended from 12 months to 24 months, due to faults, especially error 41.

Three links worth a possible look click here click here click here

John_John 14:26 25 Apr 05

Thanks for the pointers, spuds. I don't know if Error 41 is what is causing my problem or not, but I will contact Brother Tech Suppport again and see if they can determine if this is the problem now that I know about its existence. I really hope that this is not the problem because the machine is less than a year old and I really like it a lot. If this turns out to the problem, I will have to think twice about continuing to buy Brother products in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…