Brother HL1250 Printer prob (dark Pages)

Migwell 00:10 13 Aug 05

I have a Brother printer HL1250 and the pages while the printing is OK the white paper is covered in a grey mist like layer, what is causing this?

Technotiger 00:29 13 Aug 05

Hi, a bit more information about what you are actually printing. For instance, if it is a scanned pic or document the 'grey' area can be caused by the scanning process under certain circumstances.

Migwell 00:42 13 Aug 05

Just a straightforward letter

Technotiger 00:46 13 Aug 05

Odd? Could possibly be the paper itself. How is it stored, is it perhaps damp or 'old stock'?
Other than that, I am sorry but cannot think what else could be causing this.

Maybe someone else will have some idea/s.

Good luck anyway.

beeuuem 01:00 13 Aug 05

From click here

Grey Background indicates that the Toner Cartridge is coming to the end of it's life.

Please replace the toner cartridge

If you find that the grey background does not disappear after you have replaced
the toner cartridge please Click here and follow the instructions

Technotiger 01:03 13 Aug 05

So there you have it - nice one beeuuem, I have only ever used Epson myself.

beeuuem 01:05 13 Aug 05

It may also be that the drum may require cleaning, you could try this first if the toner is not running out
click here

Migwell 02:13 14 Aug 05

Thanks the paper is brand new only bought from Tesco this week. Seems like the toner is running low then will need to fill it as I have some toner for a photo-copier that I once had there is one bottle that was never used, hope it is still ok.

wiz-king 07:35 14 Aug 05

but I have bought refilled toner cartridges for my printer and have also refilled my own and have ended up throwing them away. Not very satisfactory results; too dark, smudges and stripy print after the first few pages. I dont think the 'compatable' market has caught up with laser cartridges yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…