Brother DCP115C problem

swanny2 01:37 AM 28 Feb 12

i downloaded the drivers etc of my xp pc and when installed etc,all the text on the screen on the printer was all in spanish....now i thought ok i will reinstall it all but i cant find the printer in add/remove no where too reinstall this and uninstall it,hopeing that if i do then hopefully find the correct driver etc. any help please. thanks :O)

johndrew 13:55 PM 28 Feb 12

Windows XP has a user interface feature to delete driver files – to delete printer drivers in Windows XP:

1. Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
  2. On the File menu, click Server Properties.
  3. On the Drivers tab, click the printer driver that you want to delete, and then click Remove.

Or you can get to Printers and Faxes via Control Panel and then proceed with 2 & 3 above.

KRONOS the First 14:33 PM 28 Feb 12

You seem to be having a few problems with foreign languages, first Chinese and your Mini DV now Spanish and a printer.Chinese problem. LOL.

swanny2 18:27 PM 28 Feb 12

i know lol foo king good isnt it. what next. lol

swanny2 21:41 PM 28 Feb 12

ive uninstalled the driver downloaded the driver for the printer but the text on the printer is still in some other language,german ,lol, i think it is.and b4 i had this trouble the red light keeps flshing on it now.shall i Bin it?

markd71 23:10 PM 28 Feb 12

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/eu/gb/en/modeltop/colormfc/dcp115ceuas.html?reg=eu&c=gb&lang=en&prod=dcp115ceu_as Try this link

lotvic 01:02 AM 01 Mar 12

Markd71's Link working version

It's the underscores that mess link up. If you have 2 or more it turns the text inbetween into italics and breaks it.

It works if you highlight some text as above Markd71's Link then click on the globe and paste the url into the popup box.

lotvic 01:10 AM 01 Mar 12

swanny2, I think you are supposed to choose the language on the printer lcd menu when you first set it up. Try holding down the Menu button and then switching on the printer and see if maintenance comes up on the lcd on the printer. (I read that on another forum but it was for a different brother model printer - I'll see if I can find it again) Ah Here it is

swanny2 02:29 AM 03 Mar 12

Thanks Guys tryed that but didnt work :(

swanny2 20:55 PM 20 Mar 12

not bothered too much now about the language as long as it prints lol,but now ive got a Error f4 AND THE RED LIGHT FLASHING IT PRINTED FIN A MIN AGO. THERES NO PAPER JAM OR ANYTHING.WEIRD. OOPS soz caps

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites