Brother Control Centre

pinelea 18:47 05 Mar 10

I've started using Windows 7, and have a problem in that the drivers that came with my Brother MFD are not compatible with Windows 7.

We've tried downlaods from Brother, without success. What came forum readers sugest, please?

john bunyan 18:53 05 Mar 10

Have you looked for drivers here;
click here
also have you run the W7 compatability tool?
See Here:
click here

pinelea 17:17 06 Mar 10

Thanks for the advice. We tried the drivers site you quote. This lead to the printer working - but then it did with the XP drivers.

We then found we could scan and, I think, OCR, via the device icon, but I'm hoping for more. The user-friendly CC3 display was a joy to use. Asa for compatability, I'm still rather nervous of that.

Simsy 20:04 06 Mar 10

Brother is it?

Regards,

Simsy

pinelea 22:57 06 Mar 10

DCP-130C

Simsy 06:48 07 Mar 10

They seem to list drivers for win 7... This is for the 32 bit version, so they shouldn't be incompatible;

click here

and for the 64 bit version;

click here

If this is what you've tried I can't think what to suggest I'm afraid.

I recently downloaded/installed Win 7 drivers from Bother for a friends multifunction printer/scanner, a different model, but all went without a hitch.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

bobbybowls 08:52 07 Mar 10

i have a brother mfc-425-cn. it,s getting a bit old now but the w7 drivers work perfectly.
are you uninstalling the old drivers before installing the new ones?

pinelea 14:25 07 Mar 10

Thanks for the advice; I have tried the Brother site you show; it's what works now - but no Control Centre menu!

I guess I'll have to work from the Brother folder.

northumbria61 14:50 07 Mar 10

click here

Read this - may get things working for you again.

Shuffty 16:40 07 Mar 10

Did you download the Full driver and software package and read the instuctions for installing them
you should download the uninstall tool and use that first
you could also update the firmware all instructions how to do all this is on the download page for you model

this is what I did with my mfc_465cn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…