Brother 1440 mono laser printer query.

Effie 22:20 11 Jul 05

I have just acquired the above printer and having no prior knowledge of laser printers, wonder if any forum members might know the answer to the following query:

If the printer is only used a few times a week for short runs, does this have a detrimental effect on either the lifespan of the drum or could it affect the rate at which the toner dries up ?

The drum in question is a dr6000.

Many thanks.

Philwane 07:39 12 Jul 05

I have a brother HL 1030 I have had it for over 2 years now.
Mine does not get a lot of use ( I am still using the original Toner ).

I don't think infrequent use will damage the drum

Philwane 07:41 12 Jul 05

I have a brother HL 1030 I have had it for over 2 years now.
Mine does not get a lot of use ( I am still using the original Toner ).

I don't think infrequent use will damage the drum

Les 08:13 12 Jul 05

I've had this printer for a few years now, sometimes used a lot, sometimes occasional - no ill effects so far! They are great printers and the manual very thorough. If you don't have the manual then you can download it from their website - at least you could some time ago. I agree with Philwane - no damage should occur from little use - but, to be on the safe side it does no harm and would cost very, very little to run a sheet or two every week.

This printer you will find is extremely cheap to run. My previous printer was an Epson Jet printer - this was soon dumped as it was eating (drinking?)me out of house and home with the cost of the inks! I'd have no qualms about buying another should this ever wear out !! 8-))

Les 08:15 12 Jul 05

quote 'I'd have no qualms about buying another should this ever wear out !! 8-)) '

Yuk! I meant the Brother not the Epson!

Effie 07:19 20 Jul 05

Many thanks everyone.Les, tend to aggree with you re Epson printers, have had 2 of them, both inkjets and definately wouldn't ever consider investing in one in the future.

Am very happy to take your opinions on board both of you so thanks,

€dstowe 07:55 20 Jul 05

Laser toner is a powder which melts on th othe paper. It cannot dry out. We have several Samsung lasers, some get used almost constnatly, some only occasionally. It doesn't seem to make much difference to the end result on how often they are used. We've had these printers for several years now and they're still going strong. One wore out from far too much use but I don't blame the printer for the - an inkjet type would have given up the ghost long before the laser printer did.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…