broken vga cable on monitor

pinka 14:51 22 Sep 03

hi,
got a friends monitor and the ends damaged , now i have a new adaptor and am looking for a wiring diagram so i can solder it on , anyone know where i can find one ?

Jester2K II 14:55 22 Sep 03

Which end is damaged? Plug end or monitor end?

pinka 14:56 22 Sep 03

its one of those annoying monitors where the cable is fixed .

Djohn 15:05 22 Sep 03

click here try this page and click on the wiring diagram for full details. j.

pinka 15:42 22 Sep 03

thanks djohn but i really cant do anything from that , i suppose the next thing is does anyone know where i could send it to get it fixed ?

Djohn 15:51 22 Sep 03

click here click here couple more here, might help j.

pinka 15:56 22 Sep 03

thanks again djohn but now im really confused , my out is a 15pin male but i only have 9 wires ???????????? think im going to get an old monitor cable and try botching it that way .

Djohn 16:05 22 Sep 03

Not too sure myself on this, but don't give up yet. There are several forum members who know the correct wiring for the cable, and can probably provide an exact diagram as well as clear instructions on how to complete the job. Regards. j.

pinka 21:30 22 Sep 03

bump

Bodi 21:46 22 Sep 03

to get a new monitor lead fixed via a TV repair company. I got one fixed ages ago this way, but it was a one-man company who would repair almost anything electrical.

I would not advocate this remedy, but I know someone who has done this. They removed the monitor cover, and found that the lead to computer was affixed to a small

pinka 21:49 22 Sep 03

a small .................?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…