broken laptop screen, how to fix and what cost?

athenrye 00:27 15 Mar 08

my friend has broken her laptop screen, can it be replaced by usor does it need to go into a shop?

anybody had to do this and got any ideas or tips
cheers
will

MAJ 00:44 15 Mar 08

Yes they can be fixed or replaced, athenrye, but I would suggest, it would be better for 'the shop' to do it as a screen isn't cheap. You could try someone like Laptech. click here

LastChip 00:48 15 Mar 08

Unless it's a fairly valuable laptop, it's almost certainly not a viable proposition.

The manufacturers approved repair facility should be able to offer an estimate. This could act as a benchmark to get other estimates from local repairers.

As far as "doing it yourself" is concerned, it depends upon your level of ability and whether you can source a replacement screen.

Keep in mind, new low-end laptops from well regarded manufacturers can now be bought for under £300.00p. This makes repairs almost a non-starter.

athenrye 01:18 15 Mar 08

thanks
ill have a look
cheers
will

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:48 15 Mar 08

Household insurance.

G

mpsmith7 09:34 02 Nov 09

It is possible to get any laptop screen replaced cheaply. There's no point in getting a new laptop, just when you have all your work, pictures, games, music etc saved to your computer. All that time and effort has to be worth a LOT!

Mine broke last Monday, so I looked around and found a company called Ace Support in the UK that could do it quickly and affordably. I sent it to be repaired on Monday and had it back on Wednesday, that has to be a record...

Good luck with yours, whatever you do.

tullie 09:39 02 Nov 09

How much were the repairs?

jaritch 10:50 02 Nov 09

As Gandalf says, try your household insurance. I broke mine last year and was covered and got it replaced.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:41 02 Nov 09

Cambridge Laptop repairs click here also have a good reputation from people on this forum that have used them.

If you know make and model we can often find repair techniques on the net

for instance click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…