broken laptop

stourry 14:02 06 Mar 07

my daughter has a fujitsu siemens laptop not sure of model at moment but the kids have spilled coffee into it and keyboard not working now also think H?D has failed can anyone help me find info on repairing or checking the laptop to see if I can repair I have built PC but never touched a laptop any help would be appreciated or links to sites to get tech info i could use
Thanks in advance
Ray

crosstrainer 14:42 06 Mar 07

Sadly, laptop repair is not straightforward....PC's can be taken apart, re-built, components changed easily..a laptop is a nightmare to work on, spares are usually only obtainable from the company that manufactured the machine....your best bet is to find a good local oem who will give you a quote on the repair, and tell you if it's economic or not...sounds bad though.

Pamy 14:53 06 Mar 07

Are you covered for this kind of accident on your house insurance?

rodriguez 15:01 06 Mar 07

My mate spilt beer in his laptop keyboard and it did exactly the same thing. After a few days it worked again, but he tried drying it with the hairdryer at first. It might need time to dry out properly. If the coffee actually stains the board though, I think it can be cleaned from the inside but it would need to be sent in for repair if you're unfamilar with opening up laptops.

crosstrainer 15:04 06 Mar 07

If your laptop is covered under accident damage on your household insurance you could be in luck!

stourry 23:06 08 Mar 07

thanks for all the advice will check out the reapir site no to insurance cover afraid will have to grin and bear it
thanks once again
Ray

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…