Broken digital signal

p.r.b 15:57 23 Nov 10

Hi,
have just reloaded Win XP and the latest version of AVG, before proceeding I downloaded any AVG updates and scanned my computer only to get the following :-
"";"C:\System Volume Information\_restore{82088404-FBD1-4E85-B739-AB74CD54FF73}\RP18\A0009567.exe";"The file is signed with a broken digital signature, issued by: Microsoft Corporation.";""
Never had this problem before, is it serious ? a problem with the latest version of AVG or a problem with my disc?
Does anyone know how to fix this please

Cheers

Paul

T0SH 16:33 23 Nov 10

System Volume Information is where the Windows Restore files are located so anything found in there is no problem and can`t be accessed by you (so unless by chance you just happen to do a windows restore to the one restore point with that corrupted digital signature file in it) which if very unlikely so don`t worry about it because of the sequential way first in first out that windows renews the restore points it will eventually get cleared out of your system

Cheers HC

p.r.b 17:19 23 Nov 10

Hi
thanks for that Tosh, I thought it might have something to do with System Restore and wondered if it would make it unusable but it seems that it will eventually go away which is a relief ~ still can't understand how it cropped up in the first place though !!
Once again thanks for your reply

Cheers

Paul

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…