broken computer

Pau1JB 16:59 17 Apr 04

My sisters computer had been having some probelms recently. Twice it came up on starting windows xp saying the profile which it defaultly loads into and we use, that it was corupted and u had to delete it and create a new one. So we loast all are settings. The two occurances happned within a month of each other.

Then this week when i return from hospital my dad tells me my siter computer will not load. I went up and it boots to give uthe option screen on windows xp when u dont shut it down right, no matter what u pick from start windows normally, safe mode, last doof config or other safe mode options it will start to load then get to a point and restart.

I checked the cpu temp thinking it was that but after restart the cpu temp in the bios is 30c. The computer is very well colled. WHen loading it load like normal u can here the hard drive working then it gets to a point where it sounds stuck and its at that p[oint it restarts.

So i was thinking i may be faulty hard drive but not sure, or maybe a faullty file on the hard drive. cause in safe mode load it gets tp loading a certain file that is in the /windows/system/drivers folder and thats when the noise kicks in and it restarts

Thanks for readings this and hope u can help me.

cheers paul

hugh-265156 17:07 17 Apr 04

you could have a look at some start up troubleshooting info click here

but if you cannot get into windows even via safe mode then easiest option would be to re install windows.

if pre installed use your return to factory settings disk or if you have a full windows cdrom click here

VoG II 17:13 17 Apr 04
  Pau1JB 12:36 18 Apr 04

i will see what i can do.

but what caused this could it be the hard drive not working right causing these proble,ms

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant