Broadband/Narrowband?

micklemouse 18:11 21 Feb 05

Today I gave a MAC code to AOL in order to migrate from Virgin Broadband. AOL told me it would take about 15 days or thereabouts to activate my account but today some man said I would be paying AOL Narrowband rates until this happens. I don't understand all this as I'm still using Virgin Broadband. Neither do I know how I will connect to the new AOL Broadband service or the date it will be ready to use.

PLEASE can someone help me on this please. The lack of help from Virgin is what promted me to leave them in the first place and of course their 090 support rates.

Regards Micklemouse

Completealias 19:34 21 Feb 05

No idea if that is the case or not but should think that AOL would have been required to inform u if that was the case. If they didn't and they do you may well have a case against them.

Have you signed anything yet or given them your payment details? Might b worth checkin the small print. Might b worth contacting them anyway because personally I think they should have at least given u a estimated date

Graham ® 20:24 21 Feb 05

You will only be using AOL dial-up or PAYG if you have asked for it. Who is this man? AOL helpline is free, give them a call on 0800 376 5432

Graham ® 20:28 21 Feb 05

By the way, you can just as easily migrate to PlusNet. 1MB £14.99 pm, monthly contract, use your existing modem. You have to migrate to the same speed at first, change later.

Graham ® 20:29 21 Feb 05
  Graham ® 20:31 21 Feb 05

click here is direct.

Graham ® 20:33 21 Feb 05

If you go with PlusNet, contact me for a referral!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…